A Product You Can Rely On
HIQuad X: The Flexible, Scalable Safety Controller
You can scale the availability of your system according to the application.
You only pay for the components that you actually need. Moreover, you can safely operate your plants at their limits to boost profitability.
With the aid of new modules and function blocks, HIQuad X can also be adapted to your needs retroactively.
The dual processor system constantly checks itself and each module. It satisfies all SIL 3 requirements, even single-channel.
Adapts to Your Requirements
The modernization combines tried-and-tested HIQuad I/O technology with the high-availability and high-performance HIMax system technology. HIQuad X is programmable with SILworX, the HIMA engineering tool. HIQuad X safety systems are installed if restrictive safety requirements must be fulflled – without any compromises on system availability. The safety PLC can be used on a centralized as well as decentralized basis. A huge variety of I/O modules can be used – including intrinsically safe SIL 3 modules.
The main benefits compared to HIQuad:
- Shorter cycle times: thanks to parallel processing of I/O modules, for example
- Enhanced reload functionalities
- Higher system availability: via cross-wiring between CPU and I/O layers
- More communications options: safe netowrking between HIMA systems of various model ranges
- Reduced engineering effort: enabled by SILworX and simpler wiring
- The H41X model is particularly compact and supports up to 224 inputs and outputs.
- The H51X model is modular and can be extended at any time – up to several thousand inputs and outputs.
- Redundancy options at every point (CPU modules, I/O modules, I/O racks, COM modules)
- Cross connection increases system availability: Each I/O module is connected to every CPU.
- CPU modules are interference-free from I/O modules.
HIQuad X uses the same secure communication platform as HIMax and HIMatrix. In this way, you have the freedom of choice. You can design your safety landscape in a way that best fits your needs. You decide which HIMA safety controllers you use and how they are combined. This gives you greater flexibility when modernizing your plants, as you can replace controllers one by one, without having to convert your whole plant in one project. And you can also add new applications and plants to your architecture whenever you want.