Safety Engineering with OPC UA Support, SILworX API, and Higher Performance
SILworX allows you to program and configure your HIMA safety-related controllers and diagnose errors in an intuitive user interface. This results in fewer user errors and faster engineering – enabling you to commission your safety system more quickly and adapt it to new requirements immediately.
The engineering tool is a part of the HIMA Smart Safety Platform and supports current standards such as OPC UA (Open Platform Communications Unified Architecture). SILworX V12 is the latest system release. The hardware’s operating system has also been updated. Thanks to its API, the software can be integrated into almost any system landscape. Automated tests and version management in external tools are also possible.
Simplifying safety engineering
With the integrated OPC UA server, the basis for future-proof communication is formed. The server runs directly on the controller, which means you can connect OPC UA clients directly to your HIMA system. A separate Windows PC isn’t necessary. Users then parameterize their information model via SILworkX itself and transfer it to the controller. This means that semantic information is transmitted – rather than data. A large number of industry-specific definitions are available for the respective semantics. And what’s more, UA supports cybersecurity by design.
The SILworX API (application programming interface) is an interface which allows SILworX functions to be called from an external program. The call is made over an SSL-encrypted connection with certificate handling.
Both the process and rail industries use the API for:
• Automated tests
• Automated readout of system information
• Automated readout of diagnostic information
• Automated archiving and version management
A 64-bit version of SILworX is now available. This means that the program uses the full performance of modern PCs and there is no memory limitation for program sizes.
A reload for large projects (including code generation) can be carried out two to five times faster, resulting in enormous time savings.
Up to five users can carry out forces simultaneously on one controller. This enables faster and more efficient testing, as well as accelerated commissioning.
- Unterstützt die Anwendung von empfohlenen Methoden in Bezug auf automatisierte Tests und Abnahme
- Definierte Testfälle sind wiederverwendbar und jederzeit aktuell
- Automatisierte Überprüfung bei Änderungen
- Geeignet zur Unterstützung und Dokumentation von Proof-Tests
- Automatisierte Dokumentation der Testausführung und der Ergebnisse
- Smart Safety Test ist direkt ausführbar auf der Safety PLC
Achieve Results Faster
All in OneCentrally configure and program your safety controllers – and diagnose errors at the same time.
Easy to LearnWizards simplify the learning process. Your maintenance staff can get started quickly without having to first learn new programming languages.
Efficient OperationWith numerous convenience functions, programming is executed quickly in the graphic environment.
Safe to UseThe software helps users avoid errors. Rights management and antivirus and firewall compatibility offer additional protection.
- For burner applications
- For load control and combined control in industrial furnaces
- For turbines
- For compressors
- For motion monitoring
SILworX fulfills the following international standards:
- IEC 61131-3 – Support for all functions and variables in safety-related programming
- IEC 61511 – Guidelines for functional safety in the process industry
Download and Start Programming
- SILworX for HIMax
- SILworX for HIMatrix
- OPC OTS
- OPC Server
- ELOP II
Only Pay for What You Need
- You receive the hardlock license on a USB stick. This means you can use SILworX on multiple PCs, provided the stick is plugged in.
- The softlock license is bound to one PC. However you do not need a USB stick, which could be misplaced.